“Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Bowen, 95th St., make known the betrothal of their daughter, Miss Nancy Carol Bowen, to Airman 2nd Class Taylor Albert Duncan Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. Taylor Albert Duncan, Boston, Mass.
“Miss Bowen is a graduate of LaSalle High School. Airman Duncan is stationed at the Niagara Falls Air Force Base.
“An early spring wedding is planned.”newspaper notice discovered in Tad’s papers by Gloria Boyer (Tad’s daughter) and scanned at the family reunion, January 2014 by Dawn Harrell (Steve’s daughter)
- Did you ever visit Tad/Junior at the Niagara Falls Air Force Base? Can you tell about that period for Tad? How long was he in the Air Force?
- Can you tell the story of Tad’s courtship with Carol? Where did the engagement/wedding rings come from?
- I can’t seem to find the wedding date for Tad and Carol. Can you supply it?
- Do you have the name of this newspaper or the date this was posted?
- Can you offer any wedding pictures of Tad and Carol’s wedding?
- What church did the wedding take place in? Where?
- Were you at the wedding? Can you tell us about it? Were there family attendants or groomsmen?